If you’re a wine drinker, there’s a new app called Living Wine Labels you’ll want to download now! Using augmented reality (or AR), this app brings your wine bottles to life.
The app was originally created for Treasury Wine Estates brand 19 Crimes, which was inspired by tales of British criminals accused of 19 different crimes. Each bottle depicts the mugshot of a criminal. Using the app, you can hear the story of each criminal. See our video.
The Living Wine app also interfaces with The Walking Dead label, Beringer Bros., Chateau St. John, and Gentlemen’s Collections wines.
With The Walking Dead labels, you can put two bottles side-by-side for a character fight. Even the corks on The Walking Dead bottle feature a barb wire, a walker hand, and a head. See a video of the two bottles interacting below.
Here’s how the app works
Download the app, scan your bottle and check out the following experiences:
- Come face-to-face with murderous outlaws to witness confessions first-hand in 19 Crimes.
- The Walking Dead Wines: Join Rick Grimes of The Walking Dead on a dangerous supply run, or dodge the grasping hands of a zombie or use both bottles to unlock the ultimate battle for survival: a showdown worthy of the apocalypse
- Journey back to 1843 to capture an historic photograph with the Beringer Brothers before their distillery.
- Let Dr. Lindeman’s wistful words bring out the discerning gentleman in you, with Gentleman’s Collection.
- Coming soon to the Living Wine Labels App: Watch the Chateau St. Jean come to life through long-harvest days and starry nights with Margo Van Staaveren.