As local soccer programs move into postseason play, let’s take a look at how these teams finished their regular seasons:
Division II East/Middle Region
- In their final regular season game, Brentwood Academy fell to regional foe Baylor by a score of 3-2. The Lady Eagles finished the regular season 6-8-1, 0-6 in regional play.
- Franklin Road Academy competed in the Division II-A District 1 tournament, topping Davidson Academy and St. Cecilia, 8-0 and 4-2 respectively, before falling to University School of Nashville 1-0 in the championship game. The Lady Panthers are 12-6-1 entering the East/Middle Regional Tournament.
- Father Ryan tied Ensworth 1-1 and lost to Girls Preparatory 2-0. The Irish finished their regular season at 7-6-4, 3-2-1 in regional play.
- BGA played in the Division II-A District 1 tournament, beating Ezell-Harding 4-0, losing to USN 3-0, then beating St. Cecilia in the consolation game 1-0. BGA enters the East/Middle Regional tournament at 7-8-3.
Class AAA District 11
- Independence lost their first game of the season in the district tournament to Brentwood 2-1.
- Franklin topped Ravenwood 2-0 in the district tournament in the Rebels only game this week.
- Summit lost their final game of the season to Centennial 4-2. The Spartans finished their season with a 5-7-1, 1-5 record.
- Brentwood beat Page 7-0 in non-district play, then upset regular season district champ Independence 2-1 in the district tournament.
- Centennial wrapped up their regular season by topping Summit 4-2. The Cougars final record was 3-9, 2-4 in regional play.
- Ravenwood lost their only game this week, dropping their district tournament contest to Franklin 2-0.
Class A/AA District 11
- Fairview competed in the District 11 A/AA tournament, beating Waverly Central 5-0 and Montgomery Central 2-0. The Lady Jackets beat Richland in the District 11 championship, held Thursday night
- Grace Christian finished their regular season last week by finishing 7-4-2, 5-4-1 in district play.
Class A/AA District 12
- In the District 12 tournament, CPA beat Wayne County 11-0 and Spring Hill 4-0. The Lions faced Page in the District 12 championship game, winning 2-1.
- Page beat Loretto in tournament play 3-0, lost to Brentwood in non-district play 7-0, and beat Giles County 4-0 in the District 12 semifinals. Page fell to CPA in the District 12 (1-2).
- The Spring Hill Lady Raiders went 1-1 in the district tournament, beating Marshall County 5-1, before losing to CPA 4-0 in the semifinals. Spring Hill finished 7-6, 4-2 in district play.
More School News