If you thought you missed out on getting tickets to the Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival, you’ve been given a second chance.
On Tuesday night at the Franklin Board of Mayor and Alderman meeting, a permit request by festival’s organizer was approved, upping the number of people who can attend from 25,000 per day to 27,500. The vote was unanimous.
“We are confident that this will not adversely affect either the patron experience or safety at Pilgrimage 2017,” the organizers wrote in a request.
The organizers compare it to Bonnaroo and BottleRock, a festival in Napa Vally, Ca, with a similarly sized venue. Bonnaroo has 8 square feet per person, while BottleRock has about 20 square feet per person, with 45,000 people on about 1 million square feet.
The Park at Harlinsdale Farm has 1.7 million square feet with the event perimeter and with 27,500 people it has more than 60 square feet per person. If a population density similar to Bonnaroo were to be desired, the site could easily hold 40,000 attendees, according to the organizers. If the ratio at BottleRock, which does a more crowded feel, were to be used, Harlinsdale Park could hold 85,000 attendees, according to the permit application.
“Either way, a population of 27,500 will fit safely and comfortably and is conservative by industry standards,” the applicants said.
Lineup, Ticket Sales
Justin Timberlake, Eddie Vedder, Ryan Adams, The Avett Brothers, Walk the Moon and many others will take to the stages of Pilgrimage Sept 23-24 at Harlinsdale Farm in Franklin.
For the two-day event, tier one general admission tickets are $175. Here’s is what’s included.
- Wristband to 2017 Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival
- 5 stages with live music programming all day, each day
- The Bazaar with over 50 vendors featuring regional foodcraft, libations and artisans as well as a food truck village
- Art barn
- Beer Hall
- Shady Grove Lounge Access
- Photo Wagons and Selfie Spots
- Lil’ Pilgrims Family Village with private play ship and crafts
- Student Tapestries Auction
- FREE Water Stations and Shade Structures
- Children 10 years of age or younger receive FREE admission when accompanied by paying adult
To avoid processing fees, you may purchase your tickets at the Franklin Theatre. Purchase your tickets online here.