A joint investigation by Special Agents with the Drug Investigation Division at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and several other law enforcement agencies has resulted in the indictment and arrest of several individuals facing a variety of drug-related charges.
TBI Drug Agents joined detectives and agents with the 22nd Judicial District Drug Task Force, Maury County Sheriff’s Department, Columbia Police Department and Drug Enforcement Administration in August in a conducting an undercover drug investigation. Controlled drug purchases were made in and around Columbia and Mt. Pleasant over the two-month operation. Law enforcement officers made purchases of several drugs, including heroin, crack cocaine, oxycodone, alprazolam, methamphetamine and suboxone. During the course of the investigation, Agents developed information that identified those individuals involved in the sale of those controlled substances.
“It doesn’t matter what role you play in the drug trafficking business, big or small. Due to the current drug epidemic we face in the state of Tennessee, we are just as interested in taking the street-level dealers off the street as we are the suppliers, as we did today,” says Assistant Director T.J. Jordan of the Drug Investigation Division.
On Wednesday, the Maury County Grand Jury returned indictments, charging multiple individuals on drug-related counts. Six people were arrested Thursday and booked into the Maury County Jail. Additional arrests resulting from this operation are expected. Those in custody include:
* Waylon Wilcox (DOB 11/17/1985). One count Sale of Schedule II Controlled Substance. Bond: $50,000.
* Matthew Johnson (DOB 12/29/1976). Two counts Sale of Schedule II. Bond: $50,000.
* Toni Smith (DOB 8/21/1988). One count Sale of Schedule I Controlled Substance. Bond: $75,000.
* Casey Ramsey (DOB 5/1/1988). One Count Sale of Schedule IV Controlled Substance. Bond: $10,000.
* Kyle Lee Davis (DOB 8/12/1998). Two counts Sale of Schedule I Controlled Substance. Bond: $75,000.
* Courtney Lowery (DOB 11/24/74). One count of sale of Schedule II Controlled Substance. Bond: $30,000.
Updated information and booking photos will be provided at https://tbinewsroom.com/ as that information becomes available.