The Old Franklin Fire Hall on W. Main St. is up for retailer grabs as of early April.
In early April, Williamson County Fire and Rescue Squad 14 moved out of the old building on W. Main St. to a new space on Downs Blvd.
The building was built in 1935 as a bus barn for the Interurban Line, and has also served as space for a restaurant, government offices and a Ford dealership. For the past 32 years it was home to Fire and Rescue Squad 14.
Now the 11,000 sq. ft. building is looking for a new tenant under the ownership of Bill Powell, who is the owner of William Powell company. Powell specializes in restoring old structures and preserving antique places and things.
The historic building is located just off Five Points in downtown Franklin next to the incoming Jamba Juice and across the road from the Williamson County Archives.
Some of the proposed ideas for the historic space are an urban market, downtown brewery and basic retail store.More Franklin News