Tony’s Eat & Drink will open at 1000 Meridian Boulevard in Franklin, in the former Old School location. The new restaurant anticipates opening in October.
Owner Tony Urbanek, a Brentwood High School graduate and Franklin resident, wants to bring something new and exciting to the Cool Springs area, a place your entire family can enjoy.
A veteran in the restaurant business, Urbanek has been working in restaurants/bars since 1999. He’s worked at Joe’s Crab Shack in Cool Springs and Jonathan’s Grille in Cool Springs, both four years each. And most, recently, he worked at Tin Roff for 12 years.
“I’ve held all restaurant positions over the years, from bussing tables, kitchen supervisor, server/bartender, and worked my way up to opening locations as an Operations Manager for Tin Roof, opening two locations (Birmingham and Indianapolis) before finally landing back in Cool Springs as the General Manager from 2013-2019,” he said.
A few years go, Urbanek began planning out his own ideas for a bar/restaurant. When the time came to look for a location, Cool Springs was at the top of his list, he said. Cool Springs is his “home base” and also believes “that this area is one of the greatest places to live and work in the country,” he said.
“I am very excited to bring something new and exciting to Cool Springs, for all my friends, locals and soon-to-be customers!”
What can you expect at Tony’s Eat & Drink?
- Open seven days a week with late hours
- Burgers, wings, sandwiches and more, including….
- The Original “Frog Dog” – an all-beef hot dog stuffed with cheddar, tomato, jalapeno, and a secret sauce
- Dessert options like fried Oreos and fried Twinkies
- Bar menu will include original drinks – Spiked Twisters, a full list of original beverages, with flavors such as “Cherry Coke,” “Sweet Peach,” and “Grape Daze,” plus the famous Bushwacker, a delicious, creamy frozen alcoholic treat
- Live entertainment, like karaoke, trivia and weekend DJ’s
- Arcade games like Skee Ball, Pop A Shot basketball, classic arcade games, and Golden Tee
- TVs to watch the game
“I am very excited to wrap my 20 years of bar/restaurant experience into Tony’s, serving the area that I grew up in, and the customers that we will soon meet,” he added.
Follow Tony’s Eat & Drink on Facebook for the latest updates.