Williamson Medical Center’s reports, as of January 27, stated WMC is caring for 31 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 (19 unvaccinated and 12 vaccinated) with 5 critically ill (5 unvaccinated, 0 vaccinated).
Williamson Medical Center’s last report, on January 20, stated WMC was caring for 25 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 (15 unvaccinated and 10 vaccinated) with 3 critically ill (2 unvaccinated, 1 vaccinated).
Williamson Medical Center issued the following statement:
Total current COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased week-over-week. All of our critically ill COVID+ patients are unvaccinated, and the majority of this week’s hospitalizations are also among unvaccinated patients. Please note that our current vaccinated data represents patients who received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, both doses of the Moderna vaccine, or the J&J vaccine. It does not currently represent whether or not a patient has received a booster dose.
Vaccination continues to offer the best protection against the severe effects of COVID-19. With vaccination, breakthrough COVID infection is still possible, but the risk of hospitalization and death are reduced and even more reduced with a booster. As such, WMC encourages those who are not vaccinated to get vaccinated. For those who have completed your initial vaccination, we encourage you to receive a booster dose when eligible to provide additional protection.
WMC urges that everyone continue taking precautions during this current surge of the Omicron variant. Recommendations include wearing masks when traveling and around others indoors, observing social distancing, and limiting indoor gatherings.
Find where to get your COVID-19 vaccine, including booster shots for those eligible, here: https://www.vaccines.gov/search/
- Williamson County Coronavirus Case Count June 25, 2022
- WCS COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Numbers by School March 10, 2022
- Williamson Medical Center Update on COVID-19 Hospitalizations: February 24 February 25, 2022
- How Many Williamson County Residents Have Received COVID-19 Vaccine? February 21, 2022
- Williamson Medical Center Update on COVID-19 Hospitalizations: February 17 February 18, 2022
- How To Avoid Buying Fake COVID Tests Online February 15, 2022