On Thursday, June 6, McDonald’s hosts International Currency Exchange, an unprecedented event created to celebrate McDonald’s U.S. debut of four of its international menu items. From 2–5 p.m., customers can exchange any amount of foreign currency for one craveable Worldwide Favorites menu item* at participating McDonald’s. Here’s how it works:
- Start rummaging under those couch cushions and check last year’s suitcases to pull together any of that spare foreign currency you may have lying around.
- Only finding U.S. coins in your pockets? Exchange them for some foreign currency at your local currency exchange retailer so you can get in on the fun!
- Head around the corner to the nearest participating McDonald’s on Thursday, June 6 between 2:00-5:00 PM for McDonald’s International Currency Exchange.
- Give your foreign currency of any value to the front counter of your local McDonald’s, and receive one of the Worldwide Favorites menu items* of your choice. Enjoy the international experience of deliciously epic proportions – without the jetlag.
Find the list of Worldwide Favorites Menu Items Below.
- Stroopwafel McFlurry® (The Netherlands): Vanilla soft serve, mixed with a rich caramel swirl, featuring authentic chopped Dutch Daelmans Stroopwafel caramel waffle cookie pieces. Cookies and soft serve? Who could ask for more!
- Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger (Spain): A quarter pound* of 100 percent fresh beef** topped with thick cut Applewood smoked bacon, smoky McBacon Sauce, real Gouda cheese and slivered onions served on a freshly toasted sesame seed bun. It’s extreme alright. Extremely delicious!
- Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich (Canada): Made with grilled or crispy all white meat, juicy and tender chicken, the Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich is topped with tomato & herb sauce, creamy mozzarella cheese, slivered onions, fresh lettuce and sliced Roma tomatoes served on a freshly toasted artisan roll. Oh Canada, you have our mouths watering!
- Cheesy Bacon Fries (Australia): Look familiar? That’s right, Cheesy Bacon Fries are back! After such a positive customer reaction to Australia’s Cheesy Bacon Fries in the U.S., McDonald’s is thrilled to announce the victory lap of our World Famous Fries topped with real cheddar cheese sauce and chopped Applewood Smoked bacon