Grab your hot chocolate, Christmas music, and take your family on a Christmas light viewing excursion with this list.
1. Lights on Old Charlotte in Franklin – This is a must-see holiday display because, after 14 years, this will be their last, they announced on Facebook. With over 60,00 lights, this is a great display, taking place daily until Christmas from 4:30pm-10:00 pm. Display is located at 2613 Old Charlotte Pike, Franklin.
2. Sunnyside in Brentwood – Sunnyside’s light display was featured on Tennessee Crossroads. In previous years, this display has featured eight houses -100,00 lights and almost 300 figures. But this year it will not be a walking display but only a drive-by with no Santa and only about 40 figures. Light displays are daily from 5pm-10pm until December 24th at 1956 Sunnyside Drive. Learn more here.
3. Princeton Hills in Brentwood – This neighborhood located off Franklin Road in Brentwood embraces lighting up for Christmas. Take a drive through the expansive neighborhood into Woodway. Both neighborhoods are located on Franklin Road in Brentwood.
4. The Grzegorczyk Family’s in Spring Hill – This is the 9th year for this annual light show & food drive. Light show begins nightly at dark and tune into 87.9 FM for the music. Display is located at 1510 Charleston Park, Spring Hill. Place your food donations in the SLEIGH on the front lawn to be given to The Well Outreach.
5. Franktown Festival of Lights. Brand new for 2018– It’s a mile of Christmas lights display that will delight everyone in the family. You can tour the light display at the Williamson County Agricultural Center for $25 a car. Find more info here.
Outside of Williamson County, but worth the drive
The Dancing Lights of Christmas has moved to a new location this year. The light display moved from the Opryland area to its new location at 945 E Baddour Pkwy, Lebanon, TN 37087. It is the largest drive-thru music and light display in the area, taking place each Monday & Tuesday through Dec 12. Bring three cans of food and receive $5 off admission. For more information go here.
Chad’s Winter Wonderland was recently featured on The Great Christmas Light Fight on ABC. Chad’s Winter Wonderland is located at 791 E Old LaGuardo Rd., Lebanon, TN 37987. For more information on this light display, click here.
Gaylord Opryland Hotel offers the ultimate light display featuring 2 million lights. After taking a stroll outside, go inside for more holiday displays and lights. For directions and information, click here.
Christmas on the Cumberland in Clarksville offers a free walkthrough display now in its 16th year. To learn more, click here.
Cheekwood offers its Lights at Cheekwood event, in which they turn their gardens into a light display with one million lights for you to see. While visiting the area, take a stop in the mansion to see the 20-foot poinsettia tree. Don’t miss the reindeer and the hot chocolate stations. Cheekwood is located at 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville. For more information go here.
Lights on Logan features 35,295 lights synchronized to 368 channels of computerized animation you can catch every 20 minutes. The display is located at 2760 Logan Rd, Greenbrier, TN 37073 opening on December 1. For more information, click here.
Hillsboro-West End Carriage Ride Tour on Saturday, Dec 8 and Sunday, Dec 9, the neighborhoods off Hillsboro Road and West End in Nashville will offer carriage ride tours. Starting at 5 p and every 30 minutes you will visit light displays in a carriage, enjoy free refreshments, and each ride is just 30 minutes. Buy your ticket online here.