Troon®, the leader in golf course management, development, and marketing, is celebrating “Troon Family Golf Month” throughout the month of July as a way of introducing juniors to the game of a lifetime. Throughout July, many Troon facilities, including Westhaven Golf Club in Franklin, are increasing their family golf programming with family-oriented instructional programs, clinics, events and tournaments.
For Family Golf Month, Westhaven is presenting multiple opportunities for juniors including:
- Family Golf Clinic – July 22 at 2pm, followed by an ice cream social
- Youth Golf Play Day – July 19 9am-10:30am for youth ages 6 to 13. This event is a scramble with on-course instruction from pros. Limited to 18 participants
- Family guest rate of $47
- Youth club fitting specials
- Month-long raffle to win a Puma hat each time one participates in a round or clinic.
While the month of July serves as the annual kickoff for family golf activities, Troon Family Golf benefits last year-round at Troon facilities worldwide and include:
- Juniors play golf for free after 3 PM when playing with a paying adult
- Juniors enjoy complimentary Callaway rental clubs all day
- Juniors receive complimentary instruction when taking a lesson with a paying adult
“At Troon, we’re dedicated to growing the game and have developed a number of programs to increase interest and participation,” said Bruce Glasco, executive vice president, co-chief operating officer, Troon. “Family Golf Month and its associated programs are a great way to introduce juniors to the game. Once a junior develops an interest in golf, our Troon Junior Club, or ‘TJC’, continues to nurture that interest through fun events, exclusive access to camps and clinics and great TJC merchandise.”
All junior golfers age 17 years and younger are eligible to join the Troon Junior Club for an annual fee of just $35. Troon Junior Club members receive:
- A Troon Junior Club hat
- A Troon Junior Club bag tag
- Preferred junior rates and programs at participating Troon facilities
- Access to practice facilities at participating facilities at times allowed by each course
- Quarterly junior clinics
- Up to 20% off on summer golf camps at participating facilities
- Special invitations to play in select junior and parent/junior events
- Exclusive access to Troon Junior Club social media (with parental approval)
- Plus all Troon Family Golf Benefits
Troon Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kris Strauss, talks Troon Family Golf on the Golf Channel:
www.troon.com/troon-family-golfor call the Troon club nearest you to learn more about specific Troon Family Golf Month programs. For more information on all of Troon’s “grow the game” initiatives, visit www.PlayTroon.com.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company, with more than 270 golf courses in its portfolio. Troon also specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 150 restaurants located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities around the world. The company oversees operations at Troon Golf, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon) and Troon International properties located in 36 states and 31 countries. Additionally, there are 57 Troon affiliated properties featuring 79 courses that have been recipients of a “Top 100” ranking by national and international publications. Troon properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club, Kauai, Hawaii; Centurion Club, London, England; Indian Wells Golf Resort, Indian Wells, Calif.; Els Club Desaru Coast, Malaysia; and Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Calif. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Blog, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Golf & Travel.