Public speaking is a difficult skill to learn, but these WCS students are earning state recognition for their abilities.
The Tennessee High School Speech and Drama League’s State Tournament took place in Cookeville April 12-13.
Students tested their skills against their peers in categories such as extemporaneous speaking, storytelling and public forum debate.
Listed below are the students who placed in their competitions:
- First: Saahit Adabala and Parker Kasiewicz – Public Forum Debate
- First: Utsav Talati – Congress, Senate
- First: Collin Coil – Impromptu Speaking
- Second: Sam Anctil and Rotith Vadapalli – Public Forum Debate
- Third: Olivia Williams – Prose
- Fourth: Ansley Rosen – Prose
- Fifth: Claire Hopfensperger – Informative Speaking
- Austin Cushey – Superior Speaker in Senate
From WCS inFocus