Tuesday, Oct. 11, is the deadline for voter registration in the Nov. 8 Presidential election.
Forms postmarked on or before this date will be considered timely filed. CLICK HERE for forms for registration or address change.
“The citizens of Williamson County consistently rank in the top three or four counties in Tennessee in voter participation for Federal and State elections,”said Chad Gray, Administrator of Elections for Williamson County, in a reminder of the deadline. “We want to continue that trend by encouraging everyone to register to vote or change their address in a timely manner to avoid any problems when you go vote in the upcoming election.”
In order to be eligible to vote in Williamson County elections, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the State of Tennessee
- Be 18 years old on or before the next election
- Have never been convicted of a felony, or have had your rights restored as required by law
- A registration form must be hand delivered or postmarked no later than thirty (30) days before Election Day
- A social security number is required under T.C.A. 2-2-116 for purposes of identification and to avoid duplicate voter registration
- (Please note: If you register to vote by mail, you must vote in person the first time you vote after registering)
- Federal or Tennessee State Issued Photo ID (even if expired) is required to vote unless an exception applies.
Early Voting for the upcoming election will be conducted Oct. 19-Nov. 3. In addition to the Presidential election, the ballot includes the U.S. House of Representatives, the Tennessee House of Representatives, and the municipal governments of Fairview, Nolensville and Thompson’s Station.
For more information, contact the Election Commission at (615) 790-5711 or visit www.williamsonvotes.net.