The Tennessee Department of Health frequently updates its information on the number of COVID-19 cases in Tennessee and other information here: www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html.
As the health department updates its site, we will include this information below as well.
Last update: Aug 11, 2:06p
Totals for the State of Tennessee
Confirmed Cases: 123,006
Probable Cases: 1,909
Total Cases: 124,915
Previous Day’s Total Cases (Aug 10): 123,914
Recovered Cases: 85,313 (+2,143)
Confirmed Deaths: 1,232
Probable Deaths: 39
Total Deaths: 1,271 (+38)
Tennesseans are encouraged to take routine precautions used in guarding against respiratory viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you are sick
• Stay away from people who are sick
Most patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have mild respiratory illness with fever, cough and shortness of breath. A smaller number of patients have severe symptoms requiring hospitalization.
COVID-19 Information Line
TDH has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The number is 877-857-2945 and is available daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT.
People with concerns about their health should contact their health care providers. TDH has additional information available at www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html. The CDC has updated information and guidance available online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Chukkers for Charity Polo Match Canceled August 11, 2020
- Williamson County Coronavirus Case Count August 10, 2020
- Total Coronavirus Case Count in Tennessee August 10, 2020
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe® Donates $100K to Nurses Coronavirus Response Fund August 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Cases in Long Term Care Facilities August 7, 2020
- Chapman’s Retreat Elementary Delays On Campus Learning Due to COVID-19 Case August 6, 2020