On the Table, an initiative created by Franklin Tomorrow, kicked off on Tuesday, October 30th with a Breakfast with the Mayor event. For those who were unable to attend the breakfast, there were discussions held throughout Franklin in various locations. We attended a roundtable held at Biscuit Love hosted by Franklin Special School District Board Member Allena Bell.
The question brought before the group was “What inspires or motivates you to be involved in the community and/or neighborhood?”
As the group individually shared how long they have lived in the area, they shared concerns that ranged from connectivity with sidewalks to affordable housing, and overwhelmingly each was concerned about how do we handle the growth of the area and maintain the charm that brought each of them to Franklin.
Franklin Tomorrow will continue to share and discuss the findings from each of the groups to explore ways in which Franklin can work together to create the most engaged, generous and welcoming community for all.
If you were unable to attend a group. Here are some ways Franklin Tomorrow says you can become more engaged in Franklin.
- Meet the City and County Mayors either at one of the Franklin Tomorrow’s Breakfast with the Mayor events.
- Meet your Alderman by attending a Board of Mayor and Alderman meeting which takes place twice a month.
- Find a Nonprofit or Civic group that is working on issues you care about.
- Participate in a Citizens Academy – you can choose either the Fire or Police Academy. Find more information on the City of Franklin website.
- Enjoy one of the Many Free Festivals held in Downtown Franklin.
Franklin Tomorrow is an independent, community-visioning nonprofit which celebrated the 15th anniversary of its founding in 2016. Its mission is to engage the community, foster collaboration, and advocate for a shared vision for the future of Franklin. Through research, programs and engagement with citizens, that shared vision is for Franklin to be a city with vibrant neighborhoods, a robust economy, distinct character and great people. As an organization, Franklin Tomorrow develops and presents programs such as the quarterly Breakfast with the Mayors and monthly FrankTalks lecture series which educate and illuminate issues facing the community as a whole.