The Middle Tennessee area will continue to see rain throughout the day (Wednesday, Oct 6), specifically this afternoon with the potential for strong to severe thunderstorms.
- Scattered rain continues Wednesday
- 1 to 3+” has fallen in some locations west of Nashville early Wednesday morning
- Additional rain through the day, specifically afternoon, will pose a flooding threat…especially where heavy rain has already fallen
- Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms will be possible this afternoon and evening across most of Middle Tennessee.
- A threat for damaging wind, hail, and tornadoes exists areawide
- A flash flood watch is in effect through Wednesday night for southern locations approaching Tennessee/Alabama Border Region and across central and southern portions of Cumberland Plateau Region.