The fourth annual Spring Hill Pickin’ in the Park monthly community music event kicks off May 21 at Harvey Park with an exciting lineup of performers.
In partnership with the Spring Hill Parks & Recreation Department, Pickin’ in the Park organizer Matt Meyer is encouraging local musicians and songwriters to sign up for upcoming performance sessions, which run monthly, May 21 through Sept. 17, on the third Saturdays. Here’s how:
• Before being booked, acts should be able to provide some example of their ability to perform live via video link, email or smart phone video.
• Preferred acts are solo singer-songwriters or duos. Larger groups are asked to discuss audio needs with event organizers before signing up. Drum kits are not allowed.
• Acts should prepare four family friendly songs. It’s not karaoke, but backing audio tracks will be considered if it’s an original song.
• An amplification system is provided, including two microphones, stands, cables, two main speakers and a stage monitor. Musicians must bring their own instrument cables. Performers and equipment will be housed under a covered park pavilion.
• To sign up to perform, message the official Pickin’ in the Park Facebook page at facebook.com/SpringHillPickinInThePark or contact the event’s founder, Matt Meyer, at [email protected] or (731) 616-0664.
This rain or shine event is family friendly and encourages the community to bring a lawn chair or blanket and take in local music between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., one night per month, at Harvey Park, 4001 Miles Johnson Pkwy, in Spring Hill. There’s playground equipment in the park for children, along with restroom facilities. Food, drinks and coolers are welcome.
These dates are available for booking: May 21, June 18, July 16, Aug. 20 and Sept. 17.
[scroller style=”sc1″ title=”More Spring Hill News” display=”cats” cats=”75″ number_of_posts=”5″ auto_play=”5000″ speed=”300″]