The WCS School Board unanimously approved the 2019-20 school budget at its meeting March 25.
The budget includes the general purpose school fund of $386,248,331, the central cafeteria fund of $13,883,216, the extended school program fund of $7,066,258, and the capital request of $13,254,951.
The budgets will now go before the County Commission budget and education committees before going before the full County Commission in July.
Below is timeline for the budget process:
- By April 1: Budget proposal is turned over to the County Commission
- April 15: Combined Committee Meeting at 3:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Administration Complex
- April 22: Education Committee Second Review at 5:30 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference Room
- May 2: Budget Committee Second Review at 3:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Administration Complex
- July 8: County Commission will meet in full to approve budget at 9 a.m. in the auditorium of the Administration Complex
From WCS inFocus