Photo by WJ Dorsten
The road to the State Championships in football go into full swing tonight. Here’s a breakdown of the local teams by Class:
CLASS 3A: CPA, Fairview
- CPA looks to keep their unbeaten streak alive at home Friday night. This shouldn’t be a problem as the #1 seeded Lions will take on a 4-6 Harpeth team.
- Fairview has a tough road. Tonight they go on the road aginst #4 seed Westmoreland who finished the season strong with an 8-2 record. Should the Yellow Jackets survive the road test they would most likely face #1 seeded CPA next week.
Class 4A: Page, Spring Hill
- #6 seed Page (6-4) opens on the road at #3 seed Hixson. Hixson is 8-2 on the season.
- #3 Lexington (5-5) hosts Spring Hill (5-5) the #6 seed . Lexington has lost 2 of their last 3. Spring Hill beat Page 33-23 in the season finale.
Class 6A: Ravenwood, Franklin, Centennial, Independence
- Ravenwood’s #1 seed is on the line, as is their undefeated season, when they square off against #8 seed Station Camp (5-5) at home. If Ravenwood wins then they would play the winner of Overton and McGavock.
- It’s the Battle for Franklin: Part Deux : After an amazingly close game last week Centennial and Franklin square off again as the #6 and #3 seed respectively. This time it’s at Franklin. Both teams have an 8-2 record and we expect another close one as this is our Jack in the Box Game of the Week. The winner would take on the winner of…
- #2 Seed Hendersonville who is hosting #7 seed Independence. Hendersonville finished the season at 9-1 , Independence at 6-4.
Div. II Class A: BGA, FRA
- BGA has the #1 seed and the bye after their win over FRA last week. They will play the winner of Harding Academy-DCA.
- FRA (5-5) gets a #2 seed and will open against 6-4 Rosemark.
Div. II Class AA: Ensworth, BA, Father Ryan,
- #1 seed Ensworth and #3 seed Brentwood Academy have byes. MUS will play BA next week at MUS, who also has a bye (I just write’em I don’t make’em). Ensworth will face the winner of St. Benedict and Briarcrest at home next week.
- #6 Father Ryan (5-5) takes on #5 Baylor (6-4) at Baylor.
Watch tomorrow morning for our Jack in the Box GOTW for full results from tonight’s action . Listen to 104.5 the Zone #Zonescores for updated scores or follow us on twitter @Williamsonsrc.