The State of Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services has launched a new mission partnering with faith-based communities across the state. Together, they are building a recovery network comprised of compassionate and concerned citizens who are reaching out to those struggling with addictions and connecting them to vital substance abuse services.
Attendees will be given further information on the following items.
- Learn about the disease of addiction and understand what recovery is and how both affect the community and how it may be affecting members of your congregation.
- Have the opportunity apply as a Certified Recovery Church or Faith-Based Organization in the State of Tennessee.
- Receive a digital toolkit in advance that will start to provide information and resources in advance of the meeting.
- Learn about resources in the region and their own community to support their congregation and community members struggling with addiction.
- Learn about Substance Abuse Prevention Coalitions and their work in the communities in Tennessee and how congregations can support coalition’s efforts to prevent substance abuse and what strategies address the impact on the region.
There will be a panel at the event to answer questions. We were able to speak with Cindy Blom, a member of the panel as well as a parent who has experienced the affects of addiction.
For more information, contact Monty Burks Director of Faith-Based Initiatives, Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Ph: 615 770-1783 email: [email protected]
East Brentwood Presbyterian Church is located at 9000 Concord Road, Brentwood TN 37027.