Bored with your usual eggs for breakfast? Try making omelets in a waffle iron.
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped cooked potatoes
- 1/2 c. shredded Gruyère cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 c. drained and chopped pickled peppers
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs and oil; whisk to combine. Fold in potatoes, Gruyère, peppers, and green onions.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray and add 1/4 cup batter. Cook 5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Keep warm on a cookie sheet in a 225 degree F oven. Repeat with remaining batter. With a 3-inch cutter, cut womelets into rounds, if desired.