Mini sweet peppers are bountiful this time of year. Their flavor and color can make a boring recipe vibrant. You can add them to just about anything–pasta, stir fry, tacos, dips, you name it. These peppers are easy to grow in a home garden, but if you’re not a green thumb, you can find these at your local farmer’s market. But once you buy a bag of these beautiful peppers, you might find that you don’t know what to do with all the peppers. Check out these 3 delicious stuffed pepper recipes.
- 28 mini sweet peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons powdered ranch seasoning
- 28 bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the Texas Pete Hot Sauce and the powdered ranch seasoning. Mix until well blended.
- Cut the sweet peppers in half and fill them with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each pepper with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes on a broiler pan.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve immediately.
1 dozen sweet mini peppers, tops removed, and seeded
2 links of hot Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
1 shallot, diced
3 oz. goat cheese
2 Tbs. whipped cream cheese
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
sea salt & fresh black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown hot Italian turkey sausage and break into small pieces with a spatula. Once browned, add shallot and reduce heat. Sauté until shallots are softened. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, whipped cream cheese, red pepper flakes, and the warm sausage-shallot mixture. Blend well.
Using a small spoon, stuff the mini sweet peppers with the filling. Arrange on baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Season lightly with a little sea salt & fresh black pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until peppers start to blister and blacken. The filling may start to ooze out of the peppers slightly. Let them cool slightly and gently push the filling back in as you’re transferring them to a serving platter.
(gluten free recipe)
- 10-15 mini sweet peppers
- 5 oz feta cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Wash peppers, cut off top and about 1 inch at the bottom (so the pepper will stand upright) and carefully carve out the inside. Set peppers aside.
Mix all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash feta cheese until you have a smooth, creamy cheese mixture.
Using a spoon (or a decorating syringe), start filling peppers and top of with matching “hat”.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.More Recipes