Multiple bomb threats have been received according to officials across multiple cities in Middle Tennessee according to WSMV.
All of the bomb threats were sent by email and demanded Bitcoin as payment.
Nashville received 5 bomb threats at the following locations:
- St. Cecelia Academy – 4210 Harding Pike
- Greenwood Cemetery – 1428 Elm Hill Pike
- Tennessee Tower – 312 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.
- Ensworth Lower/Middle School Campus – 4141 Woodlawn Dr.
- Accurate Staging – 840 Cowan St.
Franklin PD Update 1:50 PM – Four bomb threats have been received at non-residential locations in Franklin since 12:26 this afternoon.
In all four cases, suspects sent emails to the locations demanding bitcoins in exchange for not detonating a device they alleged to have placed in the building.
Investigators believe that the threatening emails originated from outside the Country and that the threats are a hoax. So far nothing suspicious has been located at any of the locations.
- Building with multiple businesses at 130 Seaboard Lane
- Building with multiple businesses at 580 Franklin Rd.
Dozens of bomb threats being reported at news outlets, government buildings, banks, libraries, other businesses across the US, various local media and police depts. report; several police depts. say many are hoaxes but are being taken seriously as precautions.
— Breaking News (@BreakingNews) December 13, 2018