During Shop Local Week, the DFA, in partnership with Williamson Inc., hosted the Historic McPhail Building Open House and Ribbon Cutting on May 7th.
The little brick building is known as the McPhail building and is one of downtown Franklin’s oldest structures. Built in 1815, the McPhail building has served as a doctor’s office, Union army headquarters, and law office. It also has housed the visitors’ center and Early’s Honey Stand. Now it will the office for Main Street Director Jill Burgin. Also, the McPhail building is on the Midnight Sun Scavenger hunt.
See photos and video below.