Nashville-based band Moon Taxi will kick off 2019 NFL Draft activities with a free performance on the Draft Main Stage on Thursday, April 25 at 5p.
Each night of the three-day 2019 NFL Draft will feature a free concert with Tim McGraw playing on Friday, April 26 and multi-platinum singer/songwriter Dierks Bentley on Saturday, April 27, as previously announced.
New to the lineup, country music singer-songwriter Lindsay Ell will open for Bentley on Saturday, April 27. Additionally, country singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd has been added to the NFL Draft Experience Stage presented by Oikos® Triple Zero – a free admission football festival held outside Nissan Stadium. Hurd will play an early set on Saturday, April 27 as runners from the St. Jude Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville® Marathon & ½ Marathon end their race and enjoy Draft activities near their finish line. Hip hop artist Mez has been added to the Thursday lineup at the Draft Experience Stage.
For the first time, the NFL Draft will have a house band to provide entertainment between team selections on Thursday and Friday with critically acclaimed house band Sixwire doing the honors. Also, Tennessee State University’s Aristocrat of Bands marching band will perform at the NFL Draft Red Carpet at The Green at Riverfront Park on Thursday, April 25.
The 2019 NFL Draft is expected to be the largest event ever held in Nashville and the State of Tennessee given the anticipated attendance of 100,000 per day over three days.
Downtown Nashville’s Lower Broadway and the area outside Nissan Stadium will host free, public activities for the 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville April 25-27. Viewing areas for the Draft Main Stage will include Second Avenue North from Broadway to Commerce, Lower Broadway up to Fifth Avenue and Music City Walk of Fame Park. These areas are free and open to the public and will be activated with video screens, food trucks, beverage stands and concessions. Viewing areas will be activated at noon on Thursday, April 25 and Friday, April 26 and at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 27.
Other features of the NFL Draft include:
- Fireworks: Five-minute fireworks show at the conclusion of activities all three nights.
- KVB Lights: The lights of the Korean War Veterans Memorial Bridge (KVB Bridge) will light up in team colors as each NFL team announces selections during the First Round.
- Community Food Drive: The NFL’s community food drive as part of Huddle Against Hunger invites Nashville companies and organizations to participate and collect food for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee and The Bridge Ministry. Please sign up at secondharvestmidtn.org/NFLHuddle.
- Bicycle Parking: Bike racks will be available at Public Square Park at Third and Union where riders can park their bicycles. Please bring your own locks.
- Dog Park: A temporary dog park is being created on the south side of Demonbreun Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenue for use by downtown residents, who usually use the dog park near The Green at Riverfront Park. The temporary dog park will be fenced and have dog bags and trash cans available.