Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital Vanderbilt at Williamson Medical Center will be open to patients on July 1st, 2015 beginning at 7am. Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital Vanderbilt at Williamson is located on the same campus as Williamson Medical at 4321 Carothers Parkway.
A long awaited addition for Williamson County residents and families. As CEO of Vanderbilt Health System, Wright Pinson, stated at the sneak peek event, “This new facility will be a healing place for children and a healing place for their families.”
Inside the facility, it is a reflection of Franklin giving a nod to Main Street on the third floor as you will depictions of the Franklin Theatre, Toy store, Gray’s Drug Store, and Franklin Fire Department. In the atrium,located on the 2nd floor, as you look up, they have built buildings reflect those you might see in downtown Franklin.
The new children’s hospital is a state-of-the art facility with brand new equipment and everything is child-specific to ensure children receive the best care available.
1. Children’s Hospital will be staffed by Vanderbilt doctors.
2. There are 3 floors to the Children’s Hospital- 1st floor – ER, 2nd floor Main Entrance for visitors and 3rd floor for patients admitted to the hospital.
3. 16 beds for inpatients and 8 beds in the ER
4. ER is open 24 hours a day
5. Cost for the project was $30 million dollars with a projection of an additional $8 million to be raised for future growth.See More Williamson Medical Center News