As couples from Seattle to Savannah prepare to celebrate Valentine’s Day with loved ones, Amazon.com revealed its annual list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S.
The list is determined by a compilation of sales data from cities with more than 100,000 residents on a per capita basis and includes purchases of romance novels and relationship books (both Kindle and print); romantic comedy movies (DVDs and digital); a curated list of romantic music, including artists like Barry White, Maxwell, Miguel, and Luther Vandross (CDs and MP3 format); as well as the sales of sexual wellness products.
The Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S. are:
1. Alexandria, Va.
2. Miami, Fla.
3. Knoxville, Tenn.
4. Orlando, Fla.
5. Vancouver, Wash.
6. Cincinnati, Ohio
7. Columbia, S.C.
8. Pittsburgh, Pa.
9. Round Rock, Texas
10. Ann Arbor, Mich.
11. Atlanta, Ga.
12. Salt Lake City, Utah
13. Scottsdale, Ariz.
14. Everett, Wash.
15. Gainesville, Fla.
16. Seattle, Wash.
17. Wilmington, N.C.
18. Rochester, N.Y.
19. Dayton, Ohio
20. Bellevue, Wash.
Some of the interesting finding in Amazon’s romantic data revealed that:
* Customers turned to Amazon Echo to set the mood, with Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe coming in as the most requested Barry White song.
* Virginia is for lovers, with Alexandria, Va., reclaiming its position as the most romantic city after five heartbreaking years away from the top spot.
* Number three, Knoxville, Tenn., is keeping up its reputation as a city of love — ranking in the top three for the past five years in a row.
* Love’s brewing in Washington, with four cities making the list this year: Vancouver, Everett, Seattle and Bellevue.
* Sin City is saying hello from the other side, with Las Vegas, Nev. falling off the top 20 this year.
[scroller style=”sc1″ title_size=”17″ display=”tags” tags=”valentine’s-day” number_of_posts=”8″ auto_play=”5000″ speed=”300″]