The City of Franklin is excited to light up the square Friday, December 6th, for the 2019 Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
The festivities begin at 6 p.m. with the main program beginning at 6:45 p.m. The lighting of the tree is expected to happen at 7:15 p.m.
Event Highlights Include:
- Former Today Show co-host and new Franklin resident Kathie Lee Gifford will emcee event
- Guest performances by Jars of Clay, led by local Franklin resident Dan Haseltine
- Freedom Intermediate School Honors Choir will sing
- “Cinderella” from the Studio Tenn presentation of “Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella” will give a pre-show performance with a couple of songs from the upcoming musical.
- “Rudolph” and “Hermie” from Gaylord Opryland’s “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” will be available for photo opportunities as well.
- Free photos with Santa beginning at 5:45pm (provided by Williamson Medical Center)
- Pet-friendly photo opp on the square (offered by Mars Petcare)
- Downtown merchants will stay open late
- Franklin Art Scene will host an art crawl at many stores
- Free refreshments from the Franklin Noon Rotary and Downtown Franklin Rotary
“We thank our sponsors and partners who help us give this special gift to our community,” said Mayor Ken Moore. “We are happy to welcome Jars of Clay and Kathie Lee to celebrate with us this year. It’s so nice to have families of Franklin join us to light our spectacular tree and help spread Christmas cheer.
For more details visit www.franklintn.gov/treelighting