The 49th CMA Awards takes place on Wednesday, November 4 at Bridgestone Arena. And if there was ever a year to tune into what the CMA calls “Country’s Biggest Night,” this year would be the time to watch. Here are our reasons why we are watching this year’s show.
- Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are back hosting again this year! It’s their 8th time to host the show. We have come to love their brother-sister banter on the show. Lots to talk about this year in country: music:break-ups, hopeful presidential candidates that came to town, and much more. Bonus-both Brad and Carrie are performing this year.
- One-of-a-Kind Duets. A newly added feature to the CMA Awards show. One of a kind duets range from Keith Urban with John Mellencamp, Thomas Rhett with Fall Out Boy,Eric Church with Hank Williams Jr. and the latest announcement Chris Stapleton with Justin Timberlake. If only Timberlake would bring his friend Jimmy Fallon along, that would be epic.
- Ladies of Country Taking the Stage-Women in country music have been going strong this year and they will be taking to the stage for the CMA Awards. Performances include:Kelsea Ballernini,Miranda Lambert,Maddie & Tae,Kacey Musgraves along with host Carrie Underwood.
- Brooks & Dunn perform along with Reba-The talented trio of superstars, and longtime friends, last hit the CMA Awards stage together in 2008 when they performed “Cowgirls Don’t Cry.” They will return to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in December following the successful initial run of dates for “REBA, BROOKS & DUNN: Together in Vegas.” More dates have been added to their one-of-a-kind residency in May 2016.
- Anyone could Win-There are so many close categories this year. Entertainer of the Year-Will it be Luke Bryan again or perhaps Garth Brooks? Album of the Year- Kenny Chesney has had incredible success but then so has Jason Aldean and Kacey Musgraves. New Artist of the Year Competition is tight with Sam Hunt, Kelsea Ballerini, and Thomas Rhett.