Independence High School was evacuated Monday morning after a fire alarm was activated by smoke.
Spring Hill Fire Department responded to the call, after smoke from an electrical short caused the alarm.
“A HVAC capacitor blew causing smoke and the fire alarm activation,” Jay Vonson, county fire coordinator, said. “We appreciate the Spring Hill Fire and Rescue response.”
“Everyone was evacuated as per protocol, then we realized where the issue was and put the students back in and out of the weather.”
ALERT: Smoke was detected at @wcsIHS earlier and students were evacuated. Fire officials are investigating. All students are safe.
— WCS (@WCSedu) August 28, 2017
“Students are back in class,” Carol Birdsong, Communications Director for Williamson County Schools, said.
As of 11 a.m., fire officials were still on the scene but the smoke from the short had been cleared.