Hurricane Michael made landfall in the Florida Panhandle Wednesday. Here’s what you need to know.
- Hurricane Michael is a Category 4 Storm with winds of 155 mph and the most powerful storm to hit the U.S.mainland.
- It made landfall Wednesday just northwest of Mexico Beach, Florida.
- Hurricane-force winds extended outward up to 45 miles from the center. Those winds were tearing some buildings apart in Panama City Beach.
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency in 35 counties in Florida
- Forecasters said the storm surge could rise to as much as 14 feet in some areas. This is FEMA’s major concern.
- An estimated 100,000 – 200,000 Floridians could lose power from Hurricane Michael.
USA Today is offering live stream of the storm:
Sources: Associated Press, USAToday.com, cbsnews.com
Offers for you
Support our publication by shopping here
Improve Your Heart Health with All-Natural Soltea Daily Supplement – Click Now to Save 25% Off Your First Order
All-Natural Heart Health Supplement – Save 25% Now
Coding for kids! Introducing programming games for the next generation. Get your kids coding today.
Start with a free trial.
Grow Credit is a free Mastercard you can use to pay your subscriptions while you build credit.
Start building your credit today!
Acorns helps you grow your money. Take control with all-in-one investment, retirement, checking and more.
Get a $5 bonus when you sign up.
Lower your bills and stay on top of your financial life with Truebil, the app that helps you save every day.
Take control & start saving money!
The easiest way to compare and save on home and auto insurance. Match coverage, compare rates and save.
Find hundreds in savings now!
Overcome your credit card debt with Tally. Consolidate and save money while you pay it down.
Get started with Tally today.
Know your spending habits, anticipate overdrafts, and get up to $250. Only takes 2 minutes. No credit check.
Get your finances on track.