Local high school golfers got the opportunity to experience professional-level play as they competed alongside the Web.com Tour professionals during the FCA Pro-Junior Golf Shootout April 30 at Nashville Golf & Athletic Club in Brentwood.
Eight boys and four girls, from 10 local area high schools were matched with Web.com Tour professionals and competed in a 6-hole tournament with an alternate shot format.
“We’re excited to add the FCA Pro-Junior Golf Shootout to this year’s lineup of events leading up to the Nashville Golf Open,” said Charlie Clarkson, Tournament Director, Nashville Golf Open. “This is a unique experience for local high school students to have the opportunity to interact and play with Web.com Tour players and it’s great to see how eager the Web.com Tour players are to give back to this community.”
Below is a list of the high school golfers who participated, the high school they attend and their professional matching.
Izzy Griggs, 17, Franklin High School, Paired with Chris Baker
Annie Lee, 17, St Cecelia Academy, Paired with Mark Hubbard
Eli Gonas, 17, Brentwood Academy, Paired with Matt Harmon
DeWitt Thompson, 16, Ensworth, Paired with Braden Thornberry
- Josh Breland, 16, Grace Christian Academy, Paired with Brandon Matthews
- Nolan Griggs, 14, Brentwood High School, Paired with Josh Creel
- Jaron Leasure, 17, Montgomery Bell Academy, Paired with Jimmy Stanger
- Eli Moore, 16, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Paired with Rhein Gibson
- Jack Morris, 16, Franklin High School, Paired with Dawson Armstrong
- Tzunami Polito, 16, Franklin Road Academy, Paired with Paul Imondi
- Aaron Schierbaum, 16, Franklin Road Academy, Paired with Maverick McNealy
- Weatherly Spence, 16, Harpeth Hall, Paired with Kevin Lucas
About the Nashville Golf Open
The Nashville Golf Open benefitting the Snedeker Foundation is a Web.com Tour event featuring some of the top young professional golfers. It is the Path to the PGA TOUR, where more than three out of four members are Web.com Tour alumni. Played at Nashville Golf & Athletic Club in Brentwood, the 2019 event is scheduled for May 2-5. Proud partners of the NGO include Enterprise Solutions, LP Building Products, Team Construction and Thompson Machinery.