After one night of district play, Father Ryan and Brentwood sit atop the Predators Cup standings while the combination teams of Ensworth-Franklin Road Academy and Franklin – Oakland lead for the Henry Hines Cup.
- Franklin-Oakland defeated Independence-Summit 3-1 at Bridgestone Arena Jan. 7. Murphy Smith and Ethan Houston each had a goal and an assist for the victors while Preston Scott had a goal in defeat.
- Brentwood defeated Centennial 4-3 in the late game at Bridgestone. Matthew Isbell, William Haberer, and Cameron Tucker all had goals and assists for the Bruins while Matthew Chalkley also scored.Dakota Davis had a goal and assist for the Cougars with Thomas Broadhead and Tyler Hardin also putting the puck in the net.
- Father Ryan defeated the Tennessee Outlaws 7-3 behind a four assist game from Anthony Camelio. Rickey Bohr V had three of those goals for the Irish.
- Ensworth-FRA beat Blackman-Stewarts Creek 5-4. Samuel Fleming had a huge game with four goals and an assist. Peter Srebnick chipped in with a goal and two assists.
- Hume Fogg-Page lost their opener in the Henry Hines Cup, falling to Mt. Juliet-Wilson Central 8-5. Nathan Collier, Tristan Hunter, Mitchell Mielnik, Parker Adams, Kyle Bartels each had goals in defeat.
- Ravenwood’s game against Hendersonville was cancelled due to Hendersonville’s early dismissal from school because of weather.
Games continue Jan. 9 and are listed below.
Franklin-Oakland vs. Mt. Juliet-Wilson Central 6 p.m. at Ford-South
Lipscomb- Brentwood Academy vs. Ensworth-Franklin Road Academy 6 p.m. at Bridgestone Arena
Brentwood vs. Pope John Paul II-Goodpasture 6:15 p.m. at A-Game
Centennial vs. Montgomery Bell Academy 7 p.m. at Sportsplex
Hume Fogg-Page vs. Independence-Summit 7:45 p.m. at A-Game
Father Ryan vs. Hendersonville 8 p.m. at Bridgestone Arena
Ravenwood vs. Tennessee Outlaws 9:15 p.m. at A-Game