by Wes Sparkmon
With Girls Soccer in full swing, let’s take a look at results and standings for the teams in our area:
Division II East/Middle Region
* Brentwood Academy’s record moved to 6-5-1, 0-3 in regional play after a win over Columbia and a loss to Father Ryan. The Lady Eagles topped Columbia 7-0, behind a hat trick by Captain Katherine Wilson, but dropped a 3-0 decision to Father Ryan.
* Franklin Road Academy went 1-0-1 in two regional contests. The Lady Panthers tied St. Cecilia 2-2 and topped BGA 2-0. FRA is 9-4-1, 4-1-1 in regional play.
* Father Ryan played only one game, topping Brentwood Academy 4-0. The Irish are 7-4-3, but remain undefeated in regional play.
* BGA went 2-2 this week. The Wildcats topped Davidson Academy, 7-0, and the Hutchison School, 2-1. BGA dropped games to Evangelical Christian, 3-0, and FRA, 2-0. BGA moved to 5-5-3, 4-2-1 in their region.
Class AAA District 11
* Independence won their first District 11-AAA crown by topping Franklin 2-1. The Eagles have two non-district games before postseason play starts.
* Franklin lost their first game of the season to Independence after tying Ravenwood earlier in the week. The Rebels tied the Raptors 2-2 and lost to the Eagles 2-1.
* In their only game this week, Summit bested Merrol Hyde from Hendersonville by a score of 6-0. The Spartans improved to 5-5-1, 1-4 in district play.
* Brentwood dropped Dickson County and Centennial scoring 24 goals. The Bruins buried Dickson County 16-0 and Centennial 8-0. Brentwood improved to 5-1-5, 3-1-2.
* Centennial lost their only game of the week to Brentwood by a score of 8-0. The Cougars dropped to 2-8, 1-3 in district.
* Ravenwood tied Franklin 2-2 in their only district match of the week. The Raptors are 5-1-4, 2-0-3 in district play.
Class A/AA District 11
* Fairview remained undefeated in district play after beating Creek Wood 12-1. The Lady Jackets are 12-1-2, 8-0 in the district.
* Grace Christian was idle this week, with only a district game at Columbia Academy remaining on their schedule this coming week.
Class A/AA District 12
* In their only game this week, CPA won the Class A/AA District 12 crown by topping Page 3-1. The Lions are 9-2, 4-0 in district play.
* Page went 2-1, beating Columbia Academy, 4-0, and Stewart’s Creek, 5-2, in non-district play and dropped their contest with CPA 3-1. The Patriots are 9-3-2, 2-1 in district play.
* The Spring Hill Lady Raiders were idle this week. This week, they play Independence and Marshall County.More Sports News