If you think you need a COVID-19 test, here are some things to know and places where you can get a test. Recently, Gov Lee announced Tennesseans who want to get a COVID-19 test should get one even if you are not currently experiencing symptoms. However, for reference, symptoms are listed below.
Symptoms (provided by the CDC)
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Emergency warning signs include*
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
Where to Get Tested
The following test sites are from tn.gov/health.
Williamson County Health Department
Location: Ag Center, 4215 Long Ln, Franklin
Hours: Testing is available Monday through Friday 8:30am – 12:30pm.
*Beginning December 21, the COVID-19 testing schedule will include drive-through testing and drive-through self-testing to enable staff to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to health care providers and first responders.
- No COVID-19 Testing on January 18, 2021 for MLK Day
- Drive-through COVID-19 testing available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am – 12:30pm.
- Drive-through self-testing will be available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Testing is available to anyone even if you aren’t currently showing symptoms
- Schedule an appointment online at cvs.com
- Open M-F 9a-5:30p, Sat 9:30a-5p, Sun 10a-4p
- 1154 Liberty Pike, Franklin, TN 37067
- 302 Franklin Rd, Brentwood, TN 37027
- Call (888) 312-0847 prior to visiting a clinic (this number is answered seven days a week, 8am – 5pm.)
- 3098 Campbell Station Parkway, Suite 100, Spring Hill
- 1834 W McEwen Drive, Suite 110, Franklin
- 134 Pewitt Drive, Suite 200, Brentwood
- 919 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin
- 940 Oldham Drive, Nolensville
American Family Care
Locations: 2070 Wall St, Spring Hill
Hours: Mon – Sun 8am – 6pm
- American Family Care offers the Abbott ID Now rapid molecular COVID-19 test with results in 15 minutes
Physicians Urgent Care
- 700 Old Hickory Blvd, #207, Brentwood
*Hours: M-F 7am – 7pm, Weekends 9am – 7pm
COVID-19 PCR & Antibody Testing Site
- 155 Covey Drive, Suite 100, Franklin
*Hours: Daily 9am – 8pm
COVID-19 PCR & Antibody Testing Site
- 5021 Hughes Crossing #165, Franklin (Berry Farms)
*Hours: 8am – 5pm
*The Berry Farms clinic is temporarily a rapid test clinic ONLY. Online reservations are highly encouraged. No providers are staffed at this clinic.
- Accepts all walk-ins and you can reserve your spot online via the website www.physiciansurgentcare.com
Location: 509 Hillsboro Rd, Franklin, TN 37064
Hours: M-F: 8am – 8pm, Sat: 9am – 5pm, Sun: 1pm – 5pm
- Accepts walk-ins or you can hold your spot online at: Urgent Team-Franklin
Care Now Urgent Care –Brentwood
Location: 210 Franklin Road, Suite 4B, Brentwood, TN 37027
Hours: 8am – 8pm weekdays and 8am – 7pm weekends.
- COVID-19 nasal swabs (rapid testing) and antibody testing available
- More info here: https://www.carenow.com/
Maury Regional Urgent Care
Location: 1909 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN 38401
Hours: M-F: 9am – 11am & 1pm – 4pm
Little Clinic (Kroger)
- 4726 Traders Way, Thompson’s Station
- 3054 Columbia Ave, Franklin
- 1203 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin
- 6690 Nolensville Pike, Brentwood
- 210 Franklin Rd, Brentwood
Hours: M-F 8:30a-7:30p, Sat 8:30a-5p, Sun 10:30a-5p
- Make appointment online at thelittleclinic.com. Wait for email or phone call from clinic with additional instructions. Wear a mask, bring ID and insurance.
TN Test Express
Location: 1600 Westgate Circle (South Parking lot), Brentwood
Hours: M – F: 8a – 7pm, Sat: 10am – 3pm
- Curb-side/Drive Up
- Rapid Antigen tests
- Rapid Antibody tests
- PCR Saliva tests (36-72 hours)
- More info: (629) 777-6331, tntestexpress.com
Fast Pace Health Urgent Care
Location: 2377 Fairview Blvd, Fairview
Hours: M-F: 8am – 8pm, Sat 8am – 6pm, Sun 1pm – 5pm