The award-winning Franklin Band received a proclamation from the Williamson County Commission and Mayor Rogers Anderson at this month’s County Commission meeting.
Sponsored by Commissioner Jerry Rainey, the proclamation recognized the band’s successful 2018 marching season, which included the following highlights:
- Tennessee State Marching Band Champion and Grand Champion at the 56th Annual Contest of Champions at MTSU
- 2nd place at the Bands of America Tennessee Regional Championship at Austin Peay
- 10th place during preliminary round of competition at Bands of America Grand Nationals Championship
- Grand Nationals semi-finalist for 7th consecutive year
- Finished 17th in the nation during semi-finals competition at Grand Nationals