Williamson County Parks and Recreation (WCPR) invites local pooches and their humans to the Second Annual Dog Show and Expo “Pooch-A-Palooza” at the Nolensville Bark Park (Nolensville Park Road, near Nolensville Elementary School and Nolensville First United Methodist Church).
The event is scheduled for Saturday, March 30 from 12:00 noon – 3:00 p.m. There is a $10 participation fee for pooches who would like to strut their stuff in a performance of showmanship. There will be several competitions including:
- Best Costume: Dress up your pooch in their best outfit and show them off on stage.
- Best Trick: Have your best friend show off their coolest trick.
- Best Retriever: A staff member will throw a ball or frisbee for your dog to retrieve.
- Best Bark: Have your pooch show off their bark.
- Prizes will be given in each category.
Participants must provide proof that dog vaccinations are up-to-date upon check-in (Parvovirus, Distemper, Rabies, and Adenovirus). Dogs must be kept on a leash unless it is his or her turn to participate in a competition. Participants must clean up any pet waste and provide them with water.
The event is free for spectators. Williamson County Animal Center will be on hand with some adoptable dogs, and other vendors will be on site as well. Event sponsors are Camp Bow Wow of Smyrna, My Second Home in Franklin Nashville Kennel Club, and the Williamson County Animal Center.
Registration required at www.wcparksandrec.com. Register for activity #14063. Rain date: April 6th. For more information, contact Erin at (615) 786-0200 ext. 2417 or Erin.Williams@williamsoncounty-tn.gov