Now that fall is here, you might be looking for more outdoor adventures. For those adventures, you will probably need gear or appropriate athletic wear or shoes. Over at Krazy Coupon Lady, we found these 10 tips for shopping at REI.
1.Become a REI member and get 10% back on most of your purchases
A lifetime membership only costs $20, but depending on your shopping habits, you could make that back (plus more) within the first year if you spend at least $200.
2. Buy a membership for your kid, and redeem member coupons on their behalf.
You can’t stack your membership coupons but you can use the additional membership for single item discounts.
3.Get a 15% off coupon when you sign up for emails.
Sign up for emails and get 15% off select items, plus the latest news on sales. Use multiple email addresses to score additional 15% off promo codes.
4. Price tags ending in $0.83 or $0.93 indicate clearance items.
5. Price tags ending in $0.73 indicate the item came from REI Garage.
REI Garage is REI’s online outlet store with perfectly good, but highly discounted, end-of-season and previous-year apparel and gear for at least 50% off.
6. Use Paribus for price adjustments up to 14 days after you make a purchase on REI.com.
Link the Paribus app to your email and checking account, then kick back while the Paribus team obsesses over getting your price adjustments for you.
7. Put Deal of the Day items in your online shopping cart before the sale is live.
REI offers a Deal of the Day featuring at least 50% off your favorite products. Check up to six days ahead to make sure you don’t miss out!
Put future Deal of the Day items in your cart, and on the day the deal is live, you are ready to check out.
8. Get up to 90% off at the members-only REI Garage Sale.
The Garage Sale happens three to four times a year (check stores in your area for dates) where you can score big savings on lightly used and returned gear.
9. Skip red tags at the Garage Sale unless you’re willing to fix the damaged goods.
Green tags indicate practically new items.
Blue tags indicate used items.
Yellow tags indicate worn, used, or (possibly) slightly damaged items.
Red tags indicate items that are often broken, so unless you can fix it, skip it.
10. Shop the Anniversary Sale for the best discounts of the year.
- Cash in your member dividend in late March. Remember, you get approximately 10% back on all full-priced REI purchases for the year, plus you’ll score a coupon for 20% off a full-priced item and another coupon for 20% off one item from the REI Garage.
- Anniversary Sale happens in mid-May. Expect huge savings and deals during the Anniversary Sale, plus a member coupon for 20% off a full-priced item and another for 20% off one item from the REI Garage.
- Winter Clearance: Go in early February.
- Summer Sale & Clearance: Head over late June/early July.
- Fall/Labor Day Sale: Run over late August.
- Winter/Pre-Holiday Sale: Mid-November. Members get a coupon for 20% off a full-priced item, and another coupon for 20% off one item from the REI Garage.
- Holiday Clearance: Run in at the end of December.