Now that the Christmas festivities are over, you might be ready to get rid of your live Christmas tree and other holiday items (like wrapping paper, boxes and more), recycling is always a great option.
Recycling is easy, and we’re here to help make your life easier with what we have gathered below:
- Williamson County Convenience Centers have year-round bins for clean yard waste. After removing all decorations, nails and tinsel, trees can be taken by Williamson County residents to any county convenience center where it will be turned into mulch.
- The cities of Franklin, Fairview and Brentwood have scheduled tree drop-off locations at local parks.
For a list of parks where you can take your tree, click here.
- Franklin residents may also recycle trees with the Blue Bag curbside recycling program.
Click here for more information including dates and locations where you can recycle your Christmas tree.
You can also call on the band students at Ravenwood for help recycling your tree. They will be out picking up and recycling Christmas Trees for a donation. They are asking for $10.00 but will gladly take more!
All donations help students pay for band related programs including Marching Band–Winter Programs–Mid State and All-State.
Click here to sign up.
Pick up days are:
Sunday, December 27
Saturday, January 2
Sunday, January 3
Saturday, January 9
Sunday, January 10
- Gift wrapping paper, excluding foil paper, can be recycled with mixed paper at any Williamson County convenience center.
- Please remove bows, tape, and stickers before recycling.
- Foil wrapping paper is not recyclable.
- Break down cardboard boxes and recycle at any Williamson County convenience center in the cardboard bin.
- Remove stickers, foam, tissue, and tape before recycling.
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children has a year-round card recycling program where all kinds of cards are remade into new ones as a fundraising project to benefit the hospital. Click here to learn more about this reuse program.
- You can also recycle your holiday cards as mixed paper at any Williamson County convenience center as long as cards are without any non-paper embellishments like foil or ribbon.
Foam packing peanuts are reusable products. Many UPS stores in Williamson County accept and reuse packing peanuts. Please call ahead.