Thompson’s Station is looking for the best chili cooks in Williamson County (video from last year’s event). This year’s Dog and Pony Show will be on Saturday September 27th from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The annual chili cookoff will be hosted this year by the Williamson Source. Here’s some of the basics you need to know:
- 1.5 gallons of chili (6 qts) is the minimum , 2 Gallons is recommended
- Chili is to be pre-made, no cooking on grounds.
- Entry fee is $25 and forms need to be in before Aug. 29th.
- You are encouraged to dress up your booths and yourselves.
- 2 Categories: Red Chili or Anything Goes.
- Prizes this year for best booth , People’s Choice, and Judge’s Choice will be given. The coveted Stainless Ladle will be awarded again this year.
- Contest open to businesses as well as public.
According to Williamson Source GM Clark Shelton, a former competitor, this year will offer a couple of unique twists to some of the past competitions :
” We project a lot more teams this year. We are working on a lineup of judges that many will recognize and look forward to making that announcement soon. Williamson Source and myself are very excited to be a part of such a great event! I have competed here and in Franklin, so I hope to bring some experience and a little pizazz this year. This is one of my favorite festivals every year and when the Thompson’s Station staff asked me if I would like to run with this event, I was very excited. I look forward to making some announcements in the future on participants and some cool changes for those that want to eat.”
Proceeds from the event are used for park enhancement, such as trails, equipment, etc.
To download the form: Click here