The city of Brentwood has released its draft budget for next year.
It covers from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 and is about to begin going through the approval process.
Fiscal Year 2017-18 Draft Budget Schedule
First Reading- Monday May 22 at 7 p.m. at Brentwood City Hall
Public Hearing- Monday May 22 at 7 p.m. at Brentwood City Hall
Public Hearing- Tuesday June 13 at 7 p.m. at Brentwood City Hall
Final Reading- Monday June 26 at 7 p.m. at Brentwood City Hall
Public Hearing- Monday June 26 at 7 p.m. at Brentwood City Hall
Proposed Budget Highlights
1. The Fiscal Year 2018 budget is balanced with net expenditures for all funds totaling $71,889,410
2. 0.2% increase of $143,045 more than last year’s budget of $71,746,365
3. General Fund budget of $37,265,810, an increase of $1,164,735 (3.2%) over last year
4. Capital Projects Fund budget of nearly $15 million, including $8.7 million in transportation-related projects
5. Full funding for long-term financial obligations including employee pensions and benefits, equipment replacement, and facilities maintenance needs
6. No change in the current tax rate of $0.36 per $100 of assessed valuation
Anyone can view the entire Fiscal Year 2017-2018 draft budget online.