Thanks to technical improvements in finishing and fastener water-proofing, metal from copper to stainless steel to aluminum and alloys — metal is increasingly acceptable for slope roofing applications. Generally the thinnest and lightest of roofing materials, metal tends to shed snow and rain quickly with tremendous life cycle savings. Across the United States there are many different regional preferences of roofing types, depending on the climate and architectural style of your neighborhood. No matter what the climate or style, you can find a metal roof to match.
Most consumers and installers are surprised to discover that metal roofs come in a wide variety of styles, designed to fit into any neighborhood and that look just like typical roofing styles including cedar shake, slate, tile, shingle, and standing seam vertical panels.
You have three types of metal roofing systems to choose from:
l. Standing Seam:
2. Through Fastened:
3. Metal Shingles:
Metal roofing systems are our favorite roof system. We specialize in the design, manufacturing and installation of these systems because we know they are truly the best roofing systems available. The
average age of most roofing systems we replace are 12-15 years. This is because the materials they are fade of break down over time with exposure to the elements and require costly repairs and maintenance to
get you this far. Metal roofing is virtually maintenance free and provides a service life that surpasses true 25-50 year warranties.
Benefits of metal roofing include:
- The Durability and Longevity of Metal Roofs: Asphalt can require re-roofing every 12 to 20 years, with the average age of roofing replaced in the U.S. being only 17 years. We do not get this much roof life expectancy in the South because of our warm humid environment and violent storms that return each spring. A metal roof, however, will not decompose. And unlike asphalt and other roofing styles, a metal roof can withstand just about everything Mother Nature throws at it.
- Great for Your Home, Great for the Environment: According to the National Association of Homebuilders Research Center, 2() Billion pounds of asphalt shingles are dumped into U.S. landfills every year. The recycled content of the steel in a metal roof is about 56% from production to installation to reuse – far superior to asphalt. And a metal roof can often be installed over your current roof, without tearing off what’s already there.
- Long-Term Value Of a Metal Roof: A metal roof is a premium roof system which adds value to your most important investment-your home. Initially, a metal roof will likely cost more than an asphalt roof, comparable to some other systems like tile or shake and less than slate. While these premium roof systems look good initially, they breakdown over time and you wind up having to install two or more while your metal roof will keep on providing the protection for you and your home. A metal roof will indeed save you money over time-in fact, most metal roofs come with a true 30 to 50 year warranty.
- Save Money with a Metal Roof – Even on Your Insurance: Initially the cost ofa metal roof can be substantially more than a premium asphalt roof. This is due to two factors- first a metal roof is a premium product which does not begin deteriorating as soon as it is installed and second it takes more skilled application for installation. But, overall it will gave you money in the long run versus other roofing products. : Some insurance companies offer discounts of up to 35% to homeowners with metal roofs.
- Save Money on Heating and Air Conditioning With a Metal Roof: With home heating costs doubling in the last year, you may be surprised to learn that metal roofs are excellent insulators. Not only will a metal roof keep your house comfortable, regardless of the weather outside, it can actually lower your air conditioning and heating bills. A light-colored metal roof actually deflects UV radiation, keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Antebellum Roofing, LLC is committed to providing our customers with quality roof application and construction services. Our reputation and efforts are unparalleled through our commitment to provide customers with superior service, premium products, and quality workmanship.More Roofing Tips