On Sunday, Jan. 31, crews working on the construction of Hill Center Brentwood – the mixed-use development that once fully developed, will consist of 600,000 square feet of office, retail and restaurant space in 10 buildings – had to remove an Oak tree located on the property just off of Franklin Road.
While the removal of the tree is unavoidable in order to make required traffic improvements to the new entrance at Chadwick, the developers are pleased to be able to repurpose 100 percent of the wood from the tree for use within the development.
“The tree will yield 475-500 board feet of lumber that will be incorporated into various aspects of the development,” said Jimmy Granbery, Chair and CEO, H.G. Hill Realty Company. “It will take about a month and a half for the lumber to be kiln dried and we are excited to discuss with our design team how to best utilize this valuable part of history at the site.”
All told, the total planted area will cover approximately 2.83 acres of land. This includes a buffer area of 62,000 square feet of planted area, including 156 trees, shrubs, groundcover and sod. Phase 1.1 and 1.2 will include the planting of 96 trees and 61,600 square feet of planted area.
About H.G. Hill Realty Company, LLC
Since 1895, H.G. Hill Realty has built a legacy of service and stewardship in Middle Tennessee. Following the success of H.G. Hill Food Stores, H.G. Hill, Sr. incorporated the H.G. Hill Realty Company in 1926 and placed most of the property he had acquired over the years into the Realty Company. When H.G. Hill, Jr. took the helm in 1942, he continued the tradition of acquiring and developing property during his 51 years as president. It was during Hill, Jr.’s tenure that the idea of neighborhood shopping centers became popular, and the company began to develop a number of centers in the Nashville suburbs, each of which was anchored by an H.G. Hill Food Store. For more information, visit http://www.hghill.com.