The Downtown Franklin Association will host its popular Main Street Brewfest on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) this year, and with the luck of the Irish, guests will have the opportunity to participate in more than 50 tastings with more than 70 craft beers.
Here are seven things you need to know about the event.
1.It’s celebrated on St. Patrick’s Day and everyone will be dressed in green! Don’t get pinched by not wearing green and in case you forget Twine Graphics will be selling limited edition t-shirts that they will be printing during the event, see more info here.
2. Tasting sites are all located outside, come dressed for the weather. Check-in for the event will be located at City Hall located at 109 3rd Avenue South beginning at 3:30 p, the tasting begins at 5 p.
3. Public Square will be closed to traffic beginning at 4:30 am on Saturday, the closure also includes the first blocks off each quadrant of the Square to allow for setup for the event.
4. The main attraction is the brew, there will be 50 tastings and over 70 craft beers featuring local breweries like Mantra Artisan Ales and Mill Creek Brewing. There will also be eight home brewers available to sample, see the complete list here.
5. Looking for grub? Food trucks and vendors will be available. On 3rd North, you will find Puckett’s, Grilled Cheeserie, and Dan’s Gourmet Mac N’ Cheese. There will also be two food carts: Buffalo’s Pretzel Cart and Two Girls ‘N a Hot Dog at Main and East Main entrances into the Square respectively.
6. Stop by Baskin Robbins in downtown Franklin during Brewfest as they celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by offering guests a free sample of Mint Chip ‘n OREO® Cookies Milkshake from 3 p-7 p. In addition to this fun way to celebrate the holiday, guests are encouraged to become “milkshake mixologists” and create new milkshake flavors all their own by blending two of their favorite ice creams into one tasty shake. Guests are encouraged to share their milkshake flavor combinations with Baskin-Robbins on social using the hashtag #BRShakeItUp.
7. There are still a few tickets available to Brewfest, purchase your ticket online here. General admission tickets are $55. If available, day-of tickets will be sold at $65 per guest. You must have a ticket to participate in the tastings.