In the new year, your inner self might not be changing in the new year, but your outer self will be screaming for a makeover.
“I get a new haircut every year. I think it is good to change your look. A new look changes everything” – Madonna, 1993
1) Do you like the kink and coiled look your hair is having this year? Keep the look. 2018 is about embracing the kinky look. 2018 is about keeping your hair natural. You can put down the relaxer. The 2017 obsession will be taken to the next level in the coming months.
2) Do you like having your hair a natural dirty blonde? You might as well keep it because this trend is not going anywhere. You need to keep your roots dark. You can keep the length of your hair a natural golden blonde. The days of platinum blonde hair are gone. Beauty insiders are hinting that the dirty blonde trend will be here to stay for quite some time.
3) The 80’s look is coming back, honey. Big and bouncy has been holding court in the fashion houses lately. The glossy and glamour girl look is now out. I will not go so far as to say that all of the 80’s hair looks are back, but many of them are. If you like the 80’s looks, then you will be on trend with many of the A-listers and fashion houses insiders.
6) You might have heard that scrunchies are making their way back. The rumor is true. The fashion houses are mixing the 80’s and 90’s up in a new way. Do you still have your old scrunchies lying around? You might want to dig them up. The new look is about being understated, not retro.
7) Do you remember how we got obsessed with dirty pastels and greys this past year? 2018 is now about silver hair. You might have seen pictures of Madonna’s 21-year old daughter sporting the silver hair. Her look is catching on. Everyone will be doing it next year. Super shiny silver hair with a metallic finish is in and the pastels are out.
This article is brought to you by A Moments Peace Salon & Day Spa. Call them at 615-224-0770 or visit them at 9050 Carothers Pkwy, Franklin.