Front Street Tavern recently opened in the former Urban Juicer location in Westhaven at 158 Front Street. It’s the creation of Westhaven residents Ty and Suzannah Hauter who also own and operate Good Time Design Hospitality Group, a leader in Southern California entertainment and hospitality with venues and brands that include Moonshine Flats, Moonshine Beach, and Cerveza Jack’s.
We spoke to owner Ty Hauter, and here are five things you know about the new neighborhood hotspot.
- The restaurant has been so popular with the residents of Westhaven and those in the surrounding area, a new patio will open in the back of the restaurant in a few weeks to accommodate more guests. You can enjoy live music on the patio from 6 p – 9 p on Friday and Saturday evenings. The music will move inside at 9 p.
- Nothing on the menu is fried. The kitchen doesn’t have a grill or fryer but uses an oven or air fryer for making all the items on the menu. This allows for more consistency of the food and offers a healthy way of eating. Most popular items on the menu- Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl, Chicken Wraps, and the Lobster Roll sandwich.
- You can enjoy live music Thursday – Sunday night. However, there are plans to expand the music options with an open kids mic night on Sunday night in the summer. Also, Hauter wants to offer the opportunity for music teachers to have lessons at the Tavern in the mornings during the summer and parents can enjoy a coffee while they wait.
- They are open extended hours. Unlike most restaurants that close at 9 p, they are open seven days a week at 11 a closing at 10 p Monday – Thursday, open until midnight on Friday – Saturday night.
- Check out the Happy Hour specials. Happy Hour takes place every Monday – Friday 3 p – 6 p with $5 pours, $5 house wines, and 2 for 1 Buena Cervezas.
Hauter says they will be opening two more restaurants in Westhaven sometime next year. On the horizon, a pizza joint, one of the most requested types of restaurants for the neighborhood, and a larger scale family-friendly restaurant. It will be situated to face the lake at Westhaven with a focus on seafood and green space that can be utilized for family dining or entertainment.
See photos from the Front St. Tavern below. Follow them on Facebook here for the latest information.