It’s Mother’s Day weekend and instead of the typical list of gifts for Mom, we decided there are lots of happenings this weekend that you and your Mom could enjoy togther. So take time out to spend time with your mom, the one who fed you, bathed you until you were independent enough to do so for yourself. Whatever you decide to do, be sure to tell your mom how much you appreciate her and all of her hard work over the years.
1. “Voices for Children” at Franklin Theatre- On Thursday, May May 7th, CASA presents “Voices for Children,” a night of music, silent auction and tapas from M Street.
2. Eat the Street– Now in its fourth year with a new location this year, Eat the Street is a great way to try new foods for a worthy cause. Over forty trucks will take part in the event with everything from burgers, ice cream and tacos. Eat the Street benefits the 21st Drug Court.
3. Steeplechase-It’s the declaration of spring at the 74th annual running of the Iroquois at Steeplechase. There are still tailgating tickets available, so grab a box lunch and head out to the races this weekend with Mom.
4. Renaissance Festival– celebrates Mothers this weekend by giving the first 400 mothers through the gate will receive a specially-crafted rose. Plan the day with Mom at the festival with our unique marketplace, and free tours of the castle first floor and grounds from 11am-3pm.
5. Take Mom out to Brunch- If making breakfast in bed for mom is not your cup of tea. Take mom out to brunch at one of the many local spots like Mack & Kate’s, a locally owned restaurant by Jan and Bernie Strawn who recently launched a new spring menu. Mack & Kate’s is located at 3078 Maddox Way in Franklin. Bonefish Grill located at 3010 A Mallory Lane, offers a great Mother’s Day brunch opening at 10 am on Sunday. If you looking for something different, General Jackson offers a brunch cruise with live entertainment and they still have spots available. Book your reservation at General Jackson.More Community Stories