The City of Franklin will hold its annual Christmas tree lighting on Sunday, Dec 2 4:30pm-6:30pm (Note – this is a new time. The tree lighting was originally scheduled for the evening of Friday, November 30 but has been moved to Sunday, Dec 2 due to inclement weather).
5 things to know about the tree lighting event
- Santa will be on-hand to take free photos beginning at 4:30pm.
- Expect to be entertained by local children’s choirs, middle and high school choirs. Also, Holly Williams, owner of White’s Mercantile will be performing. J. T. Hodge, a Leiper’s Fork resident, who also appeared in a Hallmark movie, will be performing his rendition of “Joy to the World.” Watch his interview with the City of Franklin below.
3. According to the City of Franklin, parking will be available at Pinkerton Park and Bicentennial Park for the event.
4. City of Franklin Christmas tree is 40 feet tall, it was a gift to the City through a public/private partnership with Franklin Tomorrow, Harpeth True Value, Grange Insurance and Full Service Insurance.
5. There will be free hot chocolate to the first 300 guests sponsored by the Pilgrimage Festival and The Downtown Rotary and Franklin Noon Rotary will be handing out free cider and cookies.