“The Secret Handshake” is holding its movie premiere on May 27th, 2015 at the Allen Arena on the Lipscomb Campus.
One year ago exactly, I had the honor of attending an afternoon of filming “The Secret Handshake.” Now, it will be in theaters! To kick off its showing in the local theaters, they are inviting you to attend the premiere. We’ve got 5 reasons that you should attend this movie and we think you will agree that you have to be there.
1. Support the local arts- “The Secret Handshake” was filmed in Franklin. As with the show “Nashville”, it will be fun to watch the character of Franklin throughout the movie with scenes in the woods of Cottonwood and a cameo of the Franklin High School Band.
2. It’s a movie for the whole family- Written and Directed by Howie Klausner, it is based on a true story about a boy becoming a man with some very comedic moments that we don’t want to spoil for you.
3. Cast of completely local actors with the exception of one- This star studded cast is completely local. Here is a list of the local cast members: Amy Grant, Scott Baker, Phil Valentine, Brad Stine, Steven Dady, Bryan Kennedy, Fred Gill, Kate Klausner, J.J.Rogers, and Mark Collie.
4. It will be a premiere like no other- Complete with a red carpet, Shortie the bus that appears in the movie will be on hand, music and an opportunity to meet the cast before the movie.
5. Did we mention that you can meet Hercules a.k.a. Kevin Sorbo? Sorbo is the only actor in the film who is not local. Kevin Sorbo’s most recent movie was “God’s Not Dead” where he played a professor but he also has 112 TV and movie credits.
See Also: Video Interview with Shane Harper from “God’s Not Dead” at K-LOVE Awards
Get your tickets for The Secret Handshake here. From 5:15-6:15p, there will be a meet and greet with the cast, at 6:30p cast members will walk the red carpet, 7 pm pre-show starts, 7:30 showing of “The Secret Handshake” begins. Ticket prices start at $12.50 for general admission -$25 VIP Package. We hope to see you there! Come by to say ‘Hi’ and tell us what you think of the movie.More About The Secret Handshake