Studio Tenn’s season finale production of the “Wizard of Oz” takes place this upcoming weekend on June 13th-14th at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center inNashville. If you want to see some of Broadway’s best right here in Music City, look no further than this production. Actually, Diana DeGarmo who plays Dorothy in the “Wizard of Oz” lives right here in Music City! We promise you will not be disappointed in this show but if you need further convincing, here are our top five reasons to see Studio Tenn’s production of “Wizard of Oz.” Tickets are selling fast, buy yours at Studio Tenn’s website. We hope to see you there.
1. The Talent- Broadway’s own Diana DeGarmo stars as Dorothy, joined by some of the finest performers from Music City and New York, including Graham Keen as the Scarecrow, Patrick Waller as the Cowardly Lion, Greg Maheu as the Tin Man, Laura Matula as the Wicked Witch of the West, Megan Murphy Chambers as Glinda the Good Witch, Matthew Carlton as The Wizard/Professor Marvel and a youth cast of 42 local munchkins.
2. Incredible Sights- You’ve never seen Oz like this before. Amazing custom hand-crafted costumes straight from the vivid imagination of Studio Tenn’s own Artistic Director Matt Logan make this production truly a design extravaganza, elevating an already colorful cast of characters to a whole new level. Bold, larger-than-life prints and clashing, contrasting colors create a visual energy that will emanate from the stage all the way to the far reaches of the hall.
3. Music – You’ve never heard Oz like this before, either! Studio Tenn’s production is backed by a full symphony orchestra in the Schermerhorn’s acoustically unparalleled Laura Turner Hall. This fully staged musical features all your favorite songs from the beloved 1939 movie: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” “Ding, Dong! The Witch is Dead,” “The Merry Old Land of Oz” and more!
4. Setting-Imagine the vivid color and whimsy of Emerald City set amid the grandeur of the Schermerhorn Symphony Center! Studio Tenn’s production is designed specifically for the Schermerhorn experience and will render the magical land of Oz through artful use of projection as well as custom-built set pieces–including a yellow brick road that encircles the symphony right at the center of the stage!
5. Support Local Arts-This is a professional theatre production located in Franklin that is created entirely from scratch right here Middle Tennessee by Studio Tenn Theatre Company, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to use a rich combination of talent from Nashville and Broadway to bring classic works of drama and musical theatre to life in Middle Tennessee. By supporting productions of this scale and caliber, you’re helping to celebrate, elevate and perpetuate professional performing arts programs and opportunities right here at home, actually right here in your own backyard.More Studio Tenn Stories