Franklin Theatre has some great offerings for the month of June, beginning with ‘Franklin the Musical’ written by Michael W. Smith. Amy Grant will also be at the theatre with her ‘Amy and Friends’ event for Fifty Forward. Although Grant’s event is sold out, there are lots of other events that you have to put on your calendar for June.
1. ‘Franklin, The Musical’ on June 4th at 2 pm and 7pm -An original musical about overcoming hardship, defying the odds, and for some, finding love along the way. With original music co-written by Michael W. Smith, and a story based in the town of Franklin, TN, this is one show that you won’t want to miss! Buy Tickets Here.
2. John Ford Coley and Stephen Bishop on June 5th at 8pm-John Ford Coley is a singer, classically trained pianist, guitarist, actor, and author but mostly known for his partnership in a musical duo along with England Dan.
Stephen Bishop’s hits include the 1977 song “On and On,” “Save It for a Rainy Day,” “Everybody Needs Love,” and “It Might Be You,” the theme from the movie “Tootsie.” Buy Tickets Here.
3. Little River Band on June 12th at 8pm.Little River Band was the first Australian band to successfully conquer foreign markets from an Australian base. Touring internationally with the likes of the Doobie Brothers, Supertramp, America, Heart, Boz Scaggs, Fleetwood Mac, and The Eagles was a huge learning curve that honed LRB into one of the finest live bands in the world. Buy Tickets Here.
4. Jim Brickman on June 19th at 8pm. In April 2015, Brickman released his highly anticipated project Soothe. Over the last 20 years, Brickman’s fans continually reach out to let him know that the soothing sounds of his music have helped them to handle a wide spectrum of life’s challenges and events. Embracing life’s challenges and offering an escape for listeners, Brickman’s new release, Soothe, is the perfect remedy for dealing with a crisis, finding peace, rekindling romance or simply relaxing. Devoted fans will find comfort in the return of a familiar, peaceful feeling, while new fans will find themselves wondering, “Where have you been all my life?” Buy Tickets Here.
5. Carl Palmer’s Emerson, Lake & Palmer Legacy on Saturday June 27th at 8pm. Carl Palmer, among the most renowned drummers in rock history and a founding member of both ELP and ASIA, is returning to the world stage for an extensive solo tour that will celebrate the global release of his new Decade DVD (which chronicles the 2011 tour show) and his new Rhythm of Light collection of fine art, recently done in conjunction with Scene 4 Art Studios. Buy Tickets Here.More Franklin Theatre News